Recognized for great technique and sound he also delights audience with uncommon maturity. Great personalities such as Peter Bernstein, Mike Stern and John Abercrombie have expressed their admiration for his talent.
Szymon has played on numerous national and international festivals (for example Montreux Jazz Festival, Summer Jazz Festival in Krakow) and participated in many jazz workshops.
In 2016 he graduated with master degree from Music Academy in Katowice, he continues his studies in Basel at Jazz Campus under artistic supervision of such tutors as: Mark Turner, Wolfgang Muthspiel, Peter Bernstein, Miguel Zenon, Jorge Rossy, Larry Grenadier, Jeff Ballard, Guillermo Klein, Lage Lund, Bill McHenry, Mike Moreno, Jon Cowherd, Julian Lage.
On daily basis he shares the stage with top Polish jazz musicians, being a part of original music projects such as Joachim Mencel Artisena, Adam Bałdych Sextet, Piotr Budniak Essential Group, Adam Kawończyk Quartet, Ida Zalewska Quintet.
He’s also a composer, three CDs with some of his original music have so far been released: “Organ Spot” by Organ Spot, “Popyt” by Mateusz Pałka/Szymon Mika Quartet and his last trio album „Unseen” recorded with Polish bassist Max Mucha and a great Israeli/American drummer – Ziv Ravitz.
* First Prize at International Jarek Śmietana Jazz Guitar Competition (2015)
* Special Prize at Bielska Zadymka Jazzowa (2015)
* Special Prize at Krokus Jazz Festival (2014)
* Grand Prix at Grupa Azoty Jazz Contest with Mateusz Pałka/Szymon Mika Quartet, special mention for the Biggest Talent Of The Competition (2013)
*First Prize at Young Best Jazz for Organ Spot trio and special mention for Best Soloist (2012)
* Second Prize at 5th Azoty Tarnów International Jazz Contest with Organ Spot trio (2012)
* Grand Prix „Jazz Individuality” at Jazz nad Odrą Festival (2012)